ASC1 and blindscan assistance needed

Discussions about controllers used to position your dish and track the satellite arc.
supwiddiss
TVRO Agitator
Articles: 0

ASC1 and blindscan assistance needed

Post by supwiddiss » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:39 am

Easiest thing I've done so far.
I unboxed a Titanium ASC1 and got it setup in short time.
Diseqc works great with a Zgemma H7.AC

A couple of questions please.

Using blindscan from the tutorial here shows all scans as using 140.1 for the satellite even though it may have been used for ex: 127 W.
So when I go to 127 and there are transponder scans from the blindscan, my dish doesn't move.
I'm using tuner A. I've put my last scan info in Dreamset into new lists that show in the epg for the satellite name, so far.

How to edit the satellite name from blindscan results or rename them before I scan? So that when I assign a satellite for the ASC1 position slots in tuner setup, the dish moves when I hit a blindscan channel in the epg?

Also in Automatic Scan how do I clean up the big list of previous sats used to trim it back down like when the receiver was out of box?
There lines of yes/no to toggle. Very cluttered.
Is there a fix for that?

supwiddiss
TVRO Agitator

Re: ASC1 and blindscan assistance needed

Post by supwiddiss » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:29 am

supwiddiss wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:39 am
Easiest thing I've done so far.
I unboxed a Titanium ASC1 and got it setup in short time.
Diseqc works great with a Zgemma H7.AC

A couple of questions please.

Using blindscan from the tutorial here shows all scans as using 140.1 for the satellite even though it may have been used for ex: 127 W.
So when I go to 127 and there are transponder scans from the blindscan, my dish doesn't move.
I'm using tuner A. I've put my last scan info in Dreamset into new lists that show in the epg for the satellite name, so far.

How to edit the satellite name from blindscan results or rename them before I scan? So that when I assign a satellite for the ASC1 position slots in tuner setup, the dish moves when I hit a blindscan channel in the epg?

Also in Automatic Scan how do I clean up the big list of previous sats used to trim it back down like when the receiver was out of box?
There lines of yes/no to toggle. Very cluttered.
Is there a fix for that?
One question answered.
Open the satellites.xml with blindscan file on your computer.
For the sat you want to blindscan (C-Band Fast Blindscan in my case)
Take the target sat:
<sat name="99.2W C-Band Linear (Galaxy 16)" flags="0" position="-993">
And edit the blindscan table to increment position="-994">.
So it now looks like:
<sat name="FAST BLINDSCAN (DVB-S2/C-Band) (30 minutes)" flags="0" position="-994">

Save it (it should not be the xml in tuxbox but on your computer).
FTP it into etc\tuxbox to replace the existing file.
Restart the box.
Do this for each sat you want to blindscan so each one has a unique position number 1 different from your target.
Now when you use a diseqc box to move your dish, it goes to the right position.
At least that was what was happening to me with the ASC1.

dishcrank
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by dishcrank » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:30 am

I'm not sure if you realize this, but every channel should have already been scanned into your receiver. Channel up/down and then press the blue button (Favourites). Click on FTA Satellite TV (C-Band). Scroll up/down to find the orbital location of the satellite you are interested in. You should see a list of all FTA channels for that satellite. To view the rest of the channels (scrambled), press the green button (Reception lists). Scroll up/down to the satellite you want. In this list, you will find both FTA and scrambled channels.

Now if you blind scan some new channels, what you need to do is to add them to the right listing, since, as you have said, they are all in the 140 listing. You should also find them in the Last Scanned listings. Anyhow, highlight the channel you want to move and press the Menu button. Then select option 5: Add service to bouquet and pick FTA Satellite TV (C-Band). The channel has now been added to that bouguet and you will find it at the end of the bouquet. Go highlight it again in the bouquet and press Menu button followed by 6: Enable Move Mode. This will let you move the channel up/down to the location you want. When you are finished, press Menu button again and Disable Move Mode.

There is also a Remove Entry in this same Menu if you want to delete a channel. Pretty simple. The other option is to read your listings into Dreamset Edit and make the changes manually and then write back to the receiver.

supwiddiss
TVRO Agitator

Post by supwiddiss » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:57 am

Since every blindscan, ex: Fast Blindscan (DVB-S2/Cband) (30 minutes), had 140.1 as the satellite. My dish wouldn't move.
I assumed it did until I looked at the asc1 screen and the dish.
What I'm doing for now is taking the last scanned and creating a new list in dreamset ex: 105.0 Echostar 105. Then pasting last scanned into that.
And in tuner setup I assign the new renamed (appended how I show above) and saved to the receiver blindscan file as Position XXX in diseqc 1.2 before scanning.
It seems to be working well. I want the dish to move obviously.
I wasn't smart enough with only a week into this to save the factory lamedb and satellites.xml or create a backup.
But did manage to slip in a 1tb drive. I frantically tried to find the factory openatv 6.1 firmware. No dice.
And I didn't see any mention of the USA channel list and xml files that may have been in the receiver from the factory in a search.
I'd really like to see if I could get those.

fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by fatso » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:34 pm

I would look here

https://www.tvrosat.com/forum/phpBB3/vi ... .php?f=245

The master channel list is at the top if you need to reflash it.
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

supwiddiss
TVRO Agitator

Post by supwiddiss » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:09 am

Thanks Fats. I'm pretty sure that it may not be the one in the box as shipped from Tek.
I could be wrong but many channels that were populated with their assignments are listed as tp, sr, fec as opposed to the factory file.

fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by fatso » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:22 pm

That file works for me, but if you are missing channels, check our satellite charts and scan any missing channels you need manually. The charts are 99% accurate and updated daily.

https://www.tvrosat.com/cgi-bin/portal_charts.cgi

Press Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Signal Finder

Select your satellite and enter the TP info. Once scanned in, those channels go to the correct satellite folder. They also temporarily go to "last scanned". From there, you can add them to your favorites bouquets: Select the channel and press Menu > Add Service to Bouquet
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

Return to “Positioners”