Terrarium TV Shuts Down

Discussions about the latest IPTV industry news.
rusty
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Terrarium TV Shuts Down

Post by rusty » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:50 pm

Terrarium TV is Shutting Down
by Luke Bouma on September 11, 2018

Yesterday the popular pirate app Terrarium TV announced that they are shutting down. Exactly why the service is shutting down is unknown but recently there has been an effort to crack down on apps like this through jail time in some countries and lawsuits in others. Well, there have been no reports of a legal action against Terrarium TV the creator maybe trying to get out before that happens.

In a statement on their app the creator said:

Dear all,

It has always been a great pleasure to work on this project. However, it is time to say goodbye. I am going to shut down Terrarium TV, forever. I know this day will come eventually. I know it would be hard to let go. But it is really time for me to move on to other projects.

Thank you for all your support through the years thanks to all Terrarium TV supporters and communities. Thank you, Nic, and all the people around the world who care about this project.

Please note that you will not be able to open the Terrarium TV app after the end of September as the app will close itself automatically. Please DO NOT try to click the Update button because it will not download any new version of the app.

Thank you and Farewell.

Best regards,
NitroXenon

:underchair

Terrarium TV is joining a growing list of pirate services shutting down recently. Morpheus TV recently shut down in August after they cited too much mainstream attention. Even paid services like Set TV have also recently suddenly recently shut down without warning after a lawsuit. Look for the pressure on pirate apps to expand as media companies look to crack down on piracy.
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/tarrar ... ting-down/
12' Cosmos Primestar (refurbished)36" SuperJack Actuator
Chaparral Corotor Feed (Norsat 8115, 4106A)
ZGemmaH7 UHD, OctagonSX88 HD, Edision UHD, DSR-6000, DSR-6050
Clarke Belt: 22W - 133W

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Re: Terrarium TV Shuts Down

Post by tvroadmin » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:19 am

It is probably best to avoid these 'illegal' streaming services altogether, because when they get busted, they are pressured into giving up their user information:

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/terrari ... thorities/

The studios will no doubt use this information to demand monetary compensation and/or sue the end-users for copyright infringement.
Administrator
([email protected])

Return to “IPTV News”