What's the VPN of y our choice?

For discussions not appropriate for any other forum. We reserve the right to moderate and/or remove any posts made here without notice.
sammartin8935
Articles: 0

What's the VPN of y our choice?

Post by sammartin8935 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:27 am

A little under a year ago (as I'm posting this) I did some extensive investigation into various proxy and VPN services and their pricing. So now after about 8 months, I can say I've been very pleased with ************. Not only is the price a lot cheaper than most other services, they have provided <reliable> service. The only 2 times there were minor interruptions in their service (one pre-planned for infrastructure upgrade in one of their gateway centers), they have always had numerous alternative working gateways which provided no problems. I also haven't run into any problems with throttling or protocol blocking. So, generally speaking considering the many problems I've heard with various VPN services, I've had only a superlative experience with Ivacy VPN so far, and hope that by posting their name here, I won't cause a flood of people at once that might impact their service. So what is the VPN of your choice guys?

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Re: What's the VPN of y our choice?

Post by tvroadmin » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:23 am

VPN is not needed here. Our servers are behind an offshore firewall and also behind Cloudflare. It is impossible for anyone to trace the real life identity of our members wihout getting court orders from several countries. Also, our server logs are scrambled in real-time and deleted at random times to ensure any logs obtained (either legally or by hackers) are useless.

We would like to remind our members, that although your identities are protected by us on this forum, once you exit our forum, your IP address may be logged by 3rd party websites. If you don't wan't your real IP address to be logged, please DO NOT click on any links (like the link posted above by a suspicious first time poster) being posted here unless you trust the website. Trusted links include the webstores of our sponsors and links posted by the Admin, Moderators and long-time forum members for purposes of TVRO education.

The failing Pay-TV cartels (and the lawfirms representing them) are out in full force trying to match IP addresses they obtain from infringing streaming/movie download sites (which they probably run :hammerhead ) with IP addresses they obtain from people following links posted by them on this forum and others. They are nasty, nasty people who want to send you a demand letter if they catch you illegally streaming or downloading.

That being said, beware of other forums and blogs that masquerade as legit, but are really nothing but intelligence gathering sites run by the Pay-TV cartels. If a forum or blog doesn't have real-life sponsors selling real goods to pay the bills, you should treat it as suspect.

Bottom line: Use throw-away emails to register on this forum and others. Use different usernames to register on the forums you visit and never post your real name/address online. We don't want to make our members paranoid, but if you do a simple search on Google, you will find that a US law firm (Prenda) was recently prosecuted for running a 'honeypot' operation where they were illegally uploading movies to users, logging their IPs, getting court orders for the ISP to reveal their identities and then sending them demand letters. And to add insult to injury, the Cartels weren't even getting a cut! :reallyangry
Administrator
([email protected])

belter-one
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by belter-one » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:43 pm

Wow,

Thank you for the information. It's getting pretty mean out there.

Cheers,

belter-one

rusty
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by rusty » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:26 am

I think this is the story about the lawyer sending fake demand letters to people for $3000. He made several million from this scam, but now faces 10 years in prison. :finger

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45246713

Whenever you find one rotten apple doing this, you can bet there are many more.
12' Cosmos Primestar (refurbished)36" SuperJack Actuator
Chaparral Corotor Feed (Norsat 8115, 4106A)
ZGemmaH7 UHD, OctagonSX88 HD, Edision UHD, DSR-6000, DSR-6050
Clarke Belt: 22W - 133W

RantMan

Post by RantMan » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:36 am

I didn't really have anything to do with VPNs nor I knew what they really are until I moved towards being a cord-cutter, and had to rely on online streaming to watch my favorite tv shows and movies. I was informed about the streaming service Hulu by my confidante but I got really upset upon discovering that it was geo-restricted in my country. It was then I learned about a ********* and it helped me a great deal to unblock not just Hulu but various other restricted content such as US Netflix.

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:20 am

Just a reminder, no commercial links are permitted on this forum, including VPN links. If you wish to advertise on our forum, please contact us.

Thanks.
-Admin
Administrator
([email protected])

Return to “OFF Topic Discussions”