uhf and hi-vhf with amp

Discussions about highly directional antennas such as Yagi, corner reflectors and parabolic reflectors for long-range terrestrial reception.
jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Re: uhf and hi-vhf with amp

Post by jess76 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:22 pm

It wasn't that long ago; Late 90's early 2000's. Of course as you get older the time goes by a lot quicker. Jess out in California
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

Titanium
TVRO Salesman
TVRO Salesman

Post by Titanium » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:55 pm

I remember OnTV and SelecTV, which were subscription channels transmitted on UHF channels in the early 80's. Still have a few of the yagi antennas that were removed from customer roofs after the services shut down. Well constructed and decent gain on the mid band UHF frequencies. They also used parabolic antennas in fringe areas, but i didn't rescue any.
Titanium - Brian Gohl
He who dies with the most toys... is dead. - unknown
:beer

Glenn
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by Glenn » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:01 pm

Titanium wrote:I remember OnTV and SelecTV, which were subscription channels transmitted on UHF channels in the early 80's. Still have a few of the yagi antennas that were removed from customer roofs after the services shut down. Well constructed and decent gain on the mid band UHF frequencies. They also used parabolic antennas in fringe areas, but i didn't rescue any.
Never heard of such stuff. Was that only in big cities? Never knew there was a subscription service for UHF. Guess our area simply did not have the market for subscription UHF or Microwave TV; whatever that was.

Glenn

Return to “Directional Antennas”