New image and blind scan options

Discussions, tools and files related to ZGemma.
plambo
TVRO Member
TVRO Member
Articles: 0

New image and blind scan options

Post by plambo » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:11 pm

I have re-flashed my ZGemma H7.AC with the latest OpenATV 6.1 image from 07/24/2018 trying to fix some problems and noticed that all those virtual satellites for accurate and fast blind scans have been removed. After installing a system plugins for blind scan and fast scan they appeared in the menu above position finder. Unfortunately the blind scan is useless with the choices for bit rate limits defined by only two digits. We need no less than find digits. The fast scan is also pretty much useless without some guiding parameters for frequency and bit rate limits. Lucky that I have saved the old image. To replace the virtual satellites with system plugins is generally a good idea but first plugin developers should take notes to improve them to be better than the choices in the older images. Too bad that hardware blind scans have been removed. My older receivers could do blind scans in just about 5 min.

belter-one
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Re: New image and blind scan options

Post by belter-one » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:16 pm

Hi Plambo,

I had the same thing happen to me recently, when I installed the OpenATV image from 7/2/2018. I had to install this image after I bombed my working image trying to get Kodi to work. I was able to get back the blindscans by overwriting the satellites.xml file with a previous version of satellites.xml from another image I saved off for just such an occasion. If memory serves me right, there were multiple locations of this file that had to be overwritten. Looks like I need to spend some quality time learning how to manipulate blind scanning.

Good luck with your scanning,

belter-one

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Re: New image and blind scan options

Post by tvroadmin » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:00 am

You can always find the latest Clarke Belt Channel Listings (July 25, 2018) with Blindscan here:

https://www.tvrosat.com/forum/phpBB3/vi ... 245&t=4898

Simply write to your machine using Dream Editor. If you make any changes, be sure to save them on your PC in case you need them again. You can also edit the blindscan files if you want faster blindscan, more accurate blindscan or whatever.
Administrator
([email protected])

Return to “ZGemma”