H7S manual channel delete with remote

Discussions, tools and files related to ZGemma.
Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

H7S manual channel delete with remote

Post by Arion » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:47 am

Hi all;

This is driving me nuts. How do I delete a scanned in channel with the remote control without having to use the computer and one of the editing programs? I used to be able to do it but an update seems to have taken that option away.

I'm using OpenPLI and it used to be when your watching a channel and hit enter it brings up all the channels on the particular satellite and then if you hit menu again it brings up a number of options and option #8 is to delete the channel you are on. That option is now gone and after going thru all the various options a number of times I can't figure out how to restore that capability.

It still works that way to be able to delete an individual radio channel but not a video channel. So if I'm on a radio channel and hit enter on the remote it brings up all the radio channels on the satellite and then hit menu and option #8 deletes the channel. Most of you are probably running OpenAtv and I'm assuming it's similar but wondering what I'm missing??

Any ideas?
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

dishcrank
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: H7S manual channel delete with remote

Post by dishcrank » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:02 pm

Using OpenATV6.2 and procedure is highlight channel, press Menu followed by #8. Maybe latest OpenPLi put this feature in a hidden menu???

StevenD1971
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by StevenD1971 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:34 am

Hi, go into user interface.Press Menu>Setup>System>GUI Settings>User interface scroll down to Enable ok for channel selection and turn on.
I don't use that one though I use Enabie 'neutrino' style zap controlling.
Hope that helps.

Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Arion » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:25 pm

Hi;

That is normally how I have it set up anyway. The style used for zapping to the channel doesn't do anything either on/off to enable deleting a channel with the remote control. Thanks for the comment though......
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

StevenD1971
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by StevenD1971 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:23 pm

Ok when you are in radio mode and you open channel seletion screen what happens when you press the tv button? does it switch to tv channels list? It should. If you don't see tv channels press the green button chose a satellite that should show some channels.press menu and see if you have the option 8 remove entry.

Return to “ZGemma”