My ZGemma H7 is bricked after blue screen crash. Solved.

Discussions, tools and files related to ZGemma.
belter-one
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

My ZGemma H7 is bricked after blue screen crash. Solved.

Post by belter-one » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Hello,

I tried my fourth thumb drive, an ancient 1.96 GB vfat doorstop, and this was read successfully by the ZGemma box. I will not be restoring anything, as I am overjoyed to have it working again, and will enjoy rescanning and editing things myself. Apologies for this alarmist post.

Hope the thumb drive info helps,

belter-one

Hello,

Looking at the logs at /home/root/logs, there was an enigma2 crash overnight, I think. The timestamp is nonsense. I did a restore, from a backup from August, successfully. I was rescanning channels in, as the favourites did not work even though the look enabled. Then a blue screen crash happenned. Nice color blue. After that I tried to re-image the box, but the box will not boot off the thumb drive, even though the instructions are followed correctly. "dmesg -T" seems to indicate some file system corruption might have occurred. Unfortunately, AFAICT, zgemma does not run "e2fsck -p" on the way up when booting, and I am unable to run this command over telnet. I have the zgemma folder with the image files, and need a method to flash the box without the thumb drive. I will start looking through these files, and see if I can figure out how to flash it by hand:
drwx------ 2 the-ancient the-ancient 4096 Nov 6 09:43 .
drwx------ 3 the-ancient the-ancient 4096 Nov 6 09:43 ..
-rw-rw-r-- 1 the-ancient the-ancient 30 Nov 6 03:45 imageversion
-rw-r--r-- 1 the-ancient the-ancient 4776312 Nov 6 03:45 kernel.bin
-rw-rw-r-- 1 the-ancient the-ancient 66 Nov 6 03:45 noforce
-rw-rw-r-- 1 the-ancient the-ancient 84431661 Nov 6 03:44 rootfs.tar.bz2
-rw-rw-r-- 1 the-ancient the-ancient 616562688 Nov 6 03:44 disk.img

I already changed "noforce" to "force", with no effect. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as plugging this box into my computer(s) and mounting it and fscking the bovine excrement out of it is probably not a good idea. :-)

Good times, :bananna: ,

belter-one

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Re: My ZGemma H7 is bricked after blue screen crash. Solved.

Post by tvroadmin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:55 pm

These units can't be bricked permanently unless the boot loader becomes corrupted. So just start from scratch and load a fresh version of OpenATV or OpenPLI. Scan and edit your channels, add plugins and configure your settings. Once you are happy, perform a backup of your settings. You can then use your backup to flash another unit or the original unit if something goes wrong.
Administrator
([email protected])

Return to “ZGemma”