Is Orby TV shutting down?

Discuss all aspects of the Orby TV (USA) satellite system.
rusty
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Is Orby TV shutting down?

Post by rusty » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:46 am

Bad news if you check their website. No more activations.

http://www.orbytv.com
12' Cosmos Primestar (refurbished)36" SuperJack Actuator
Chaparral Corotor Feed (Norsat 8115, 4106A)
ZGemmaH7 UHD, OctagonSX88 HD, Edision UHD, DSR-6000, DSR-6050
Clarke Belt: 22W - 133W

Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: Is Orby TV shutting down?

Post by Arion » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:52 am

Could be that their $25 special was so popular that they ran out of dishes and receivers. Since they didn’t start that deal very long ago that would seem to make the most sense.
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

HappySatellite
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by HappySatellite » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:02 pm

There YouTube videos were gone. Channel is still there!

And I cant find there FaceBook page any more

IS ORBY TV GOING OUT OF BUSINESS?
#ORBYTV #ORBYTVSATELLITE #SATELLITETV

The Dish can be used for #FreeSatelliteTV and you don’t have to change the LNB!

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:46 am

Arion wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:52 am
Could be that their $25 special was so popular that they ran out of dishes and receivers. Since they didn’t start that deal very long ago that would seem to make the most sense.

A victim of their own success? Doubtful, more than likely, the average American can no longer afford pay TV. With nearly a million Americans filing for jobless claims every week, including this week (nearly 70 million since the pandemic started, twice as many during the GFC of 2008-9), what was left of the middle class has now all but vanished.

Orby TV probably ran out of money. Dish and DirecTV can't be far behind, considering that a good chunk of their stable customer base consists of pensioners, who will be robbed of their purchasing power by the tsunami of inflation that has been unleashed by the parasites on Wall St. and forced to choose between eating or watching TV. And it can't be that far off either, seeing how the fake news is constantly promoting, and all Wall St. controlled firms are getting 'onboard', the biggest pyramid scheme (i.e bitcoin) since the Dutch tulip bubble scam.

At this point, I would ordinarily tell the Orby TV refugees to get a C band dish from our sponsors, except they have no more stock. What can you do? :scratchingmyhead:
Administrator
([email protected])

Captain Ron
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Captain Ron » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:49 pm

Sounds like Orby may be out of money!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

XXXXX Video - reached out to an Orby TV PR representative for more information on the stopping of signing up new customers. He said he has not been doing PR consulting work for Orby TV for several months now.

An Orby TV customer Facebook page has recent posts suggesting that the service is currently unable to finance its operations. However, nothing has been confirmed by Orby TV.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Buy has quit selling new Orby receivers in recent months, only selling third-party used ones.

Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Arion » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:08 pm

That is too bad. I had hoped that they would of made it. There certainly is a niche for inexpensive satellite TV. In a lot of rural areas you don't have fast enough Internet to stream with [Maybe when Starlink really rolls out] as if your on Hughes/Viasat you bump up against your allotment if you stream very much. DirecTv and Dish pretty much rape their customers at will and as they lose more customers of course they raise their rates even more. :roll:

I didn't have Orby myself but if I didn't have the FTA dishes I would of went that route. A reasonable channel lineup on a month to month basis and a decent picture even on the SD channels. It was definitely a cheaper option than either Charlie/Dave without the contract.
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

HappySatellite
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by HappySatellite » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:20 pm

I looks like there website is back taking orders https://orbytv.com

Captain Ron
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Captain Ron » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:33 pm

HappySat ----- That is interesting because I had read where someone said they ordered an OrbyTV system (Dish, Receiver) to be installed but just last week OrbyTV cancelled the order and is giving them a full refund saying it would not be installed and they had ceased doing activations on new accounts.

I've read that OrbyTV is owned by the same group of people that own Starz and Starz Encore channels so maybe they got together and put some money into the pot to keep OrbyTV running.

Blackloz
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by Blackloz » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:37 pm

OMG!!!

The reason orby can't make a profit is because Papaio has ALL Dish network channels on the internet. Papaio even offers lifetime membership for $60 to all Dish network channels. :lol: This has been going on for almost a decade. Before iptv, Papaio sold ALL Dish network channels as iks. Dish is a disgrace :rain for whole industry and if Starz has taken over orby, they should immediately cancel all contracts with Dish like HBO did because Papaio sends the Starz channels around the world. It all sounds crazy, but is true. Maybe Papaio is really Dish? :thinking Just like Locast which steals the local channels is really Dish. :hehehe:

expresso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by expresso » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:43 am

Good to see Orby's website is back up. :thumbsup Those guys at Rainier sure were pissing on Orby's grave a few days ago... :mad: All the rumors about Orby running out of money were coming from those hacks. :glenn:

Return to “Orby TV”