Edison mio 4k plus video display issues.

Discussions, tools and files related to Edision.
belter-one
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Edison mio 4k plus video display issues.

Post by belter-one » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:22 pm

Hello,

Recently I noticed I am having to set the video setting for 16x9 to stretch linear in order to correct the picture as it is scrunched from above and down below. I am suspicious that a software update is responsible for this? Has anyone else seen this issue? I powered down the Edison overnight, as it has been running for about a year now. So far this may have helped, to be determined.

Troubshooting this issue,

belter-one

Captain Ron
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: Edison mio 4k plus video display issues.

Post by Captain Ron » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:15 pm

Not sure if its your issue but Movies or TV shows in (Letterbox format) can do that type of thing, you might look at the TV guide online to see if that is the case.

Good Luck!

Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Arion » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:17 pm

Is it the box or did you accidentally reset the video format on your TV? I had that happen to me and somehow the TV default format got changed. Took me awhile to figure that one out.
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

belter-one
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by belter-one » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:13 am

Hello,

I have found that if I power down the Edison mio 4K Plus completely, then power it back up, the video is displayed correctly until it is powered down with the remote and turned on again. The ZGemma-H7 does not do this, it displays the actual video data as it comes off the satellite, at all times. I believe I have the original image for the Edison. I will flash this image onto the Edison and turn off auto-updates. This might indicate whether it is a programming change or a hardware change that is causing this. Fortunately, I am able to switch back and forth between the Edison (for blind scans) and the ZGemma-H7 for entertainment quite easily.

Very interesting,

belter-one

belter-one
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by belter-one » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:54 pm

Hello,

After re-flashing the Edison Mio 4k Plus with an old image from 03/26/2020, the video driver is working normally again and accurately displaying the data that matches the settings in the Video Setup window. So I will be leaving this image as it is and not updating it.

Ho, Ho Ho,

belter-one

Return to “Edision”