Weigel Channels change again8

SES 1
Gregtheham
TVRO Member
TVRO Member
Articles: 0

Weigel Channels change again8

Post by Gregtheham » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:33 am

Thursday 24 Mar 2023, abt 7:30 PM EDT, the Weigel cluster of "channels" seemed to undergo another change. They are now IDing as METV ET HD, HEROS ET SD, START ET SD, STORY ET HD, MOVIES ET SD, DECADES ET SD, HEROS PT., START PT (ET eastern time. PT pacific time)

Strangely, the change became evident abt 7:30 PM ,when I suddenly lost video and only got audio with a black screen on the channel I was watching. This happend on a channel that now identifies as SD. For some reason, the HD channels come in, however the SD channels remain black screen for 30 seconds and longer, before video appears. Often, video wont come in at all. . Heros ET SD is especially stuborn at remaining black screen with sound only. I dont know if this is a probelm with my older GeoSat Pro micro HD box, and some new encryption/BISS key the mux are now using ? Dont know why SD statiions are a problem as oppesed to the HD ones. Note that they all are still on the same shared Xponder frequency of 4180/30000.

Any ideas why the SD channels seem intermitant at producing video? They may take up to one minute to finally appear- except HEROS ET which is less predictable. Can someone anylyse the stream and suggest a reason and fix or this problem?...is it time for a new STB?
Tnx
Gregtheham

Leatherneck97
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: Weigel Channels change again8

Post by Leatherneck97 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:24 am

If I was you I would just rescan the transponder and it will probably fix itself.

Gregtheham
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by Gregtheham » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:32 am

Thanks for ur reply. Doing a rescan was one of the first things I tried. No difference. I also tried a factory reset and rescan..still have same problem. I take it that no one else is having any problems ?
I will try reflashing the box- reistalling the firmware.

darth720
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by darth720 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:07 pm

They are working for me . Edision OS Mio box. But they have changed , I dont remember the ET being in the name before. it seems like they may have changed the ME channel to the other ME channel that went idle.

darth720
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by darth720 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:07 pm

They are working for me . Edision OS Mio box. But they have changed , I dont remember the ET being in the name before. it seems like they may have changed the ME channel to the other ME channel that went idle.

Leatherneck97
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Leatherneck97 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:10 pm

They took the alternate Metv feed off of the mux of channels for now. When my GTmedia box detected the channel was gone it rescanned the mux and deleted the channel.

Gregtheham
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by Gregtheham » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:52 pm

Thanks for everyones reports on wotking boxes. I tried reflashing the firmware- which usually fixed past gliches-but no luck. Still having the same problem with all Weigel MUXs ending in "SD"- which are 480i resolution. The 2 other 480i channels ( which ID simply as Heros PT and Start PT) work fine!

This seems to be an intermittant problem. Sometimes the video will appear upon changing to the SD channel, sometimes it takes 30 seconds for dark screen to show video. Recording also has problems. There may be video while recording, but upon playback, the same intermittant dark screen happens..as well as video lock up...Then after a 30sec wsit, thevideo may appear..

I just cant imagine want in the RF / coding transmission would cause the box to behave this way. Other SD prgrams on other birds works fine.. Puzzlng...Must be something in the way these "SD" new -named channels are causing a glitch in this box. I will try an older firmware flash, renaming these SD channels ...and the long shot of changing LNB to a much better PLL unit .
Will keep u posted. ...any other Ideas are appreciated.

Return to “101°W”