Dish IPTV - 44 HD channels on 97W are FTA

Galaxy 19
satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired
Articles: 0

Re: Dish IPTV - 44 HD channels on 97W are FTA

Post by satdish » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:51 pm

Brian: I have two D9865's, one has the upgrade one don't.
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

Titanium
TVRO Salesman
TVRO Salesman

Post by Titanium » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:08 pm

Would you be able to link to a video screen grab demonstrating the D9865 16APSK reception including channel changes with service banner and the service information screens?

Sorry to question this revelation, but I spoke with Cisco D9xxx support engineers Ushan Subasinghe and Julio Albert today and they both stated that the 9865 demodulator is only capable of 8psk with no software upgrade path possible due to the hardware limitation.

Thank you for your assistance as this would be a definite plus for those considering the D9865, as more services are transitioning to 16APSK.
Titanium - Brian Gohl
He who dies with the most toys... is dead. - unknown
:beer

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:29 pm

Brian; Are you a Cisco Gold dealer? If not this could be why they didn't disclose the special features. The 9865 has quite a few tricks up its sleeve. :grin:

Most people buy the 9865 for Rainier's subscription services. As 16APSK is very spotty and limited to receive to say the least why is this so important? You guys will never dish out the coin to do it right anyway.
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

Titanium
TVRO Salesman
TVRO Salesman

Post by Titanium » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:22 pm

No, not a Cisco dealer, but occasionally work with their product engineers on behalf of clients. The Cisco engineers have always been very knowledgeable, helpful and never have provided misleading information before, so I have no reason to doubt the the 9865 demod capabilities that they provided via the phone calls and emails today. BTW... They also indicated that the unit is CCM only and not capable of VCM/ACM. Maybe you have some insight if the CCM coding is also updated?

If the 9865 has capabilities that Cisco engineers denies and it provides access to more programming options and future-proofing for Rainier subscribers in a market that is transitioning to 16APSK, that would be a great selling point! Why not provide more reasons for someone to purchase? You put it out there, now I am simply asking for some type of verification. Post a link to a demo as many of us would like to see this in action. If you are not able to publicly post, maybe send me your updated unit to confirm 16APSK and immediately return? I'll pick-up the shipping and insurance. I would be happy to admit to being hoodwinked by the Cisco engineers! :oops:

I understand your claim not to officially represent Rainier or their products, but in many posts you insult and group all FTA hobbyists as cheap and write us off as potential buyers. I don't see how repeatedly attacking a potential group of customers and their current equipment is beneficial to promoting Rainier or encouraging anyone to invest in the 9865? I assure you that I and many others have significant investments in quality satellite gear and testing tools. I previously have had several 9865 IRDs when they were popular for AFN installs in 2008. Yes, they are a solid unit, but unless one is subscribing to a service, there is little interest just keep one on the shelf. The IRD cost isn't that great if there are channels that one wants or there are extra value adds. As I have previously indicated, many would be interested in the Rainier service if mainstream channels were available for subscription. :grin:

Yes, 16APSK requires better link margins and can present challenges to receive, but like it or not, the DVBS2 transition continues and 16APSK is the next step. More feeds are using 16APSK and as hobbyists, we need to keep up with the technology. Migration to more efficient distribution technology has nothing to do with whether or not the 9865 is 16APSK capable or not. If broadcasters wish to use 16APSK for direct to home distribution, they only need to modify the link budget to accommodate smaller dishes, inefficient feeds and systems with decreased performance. I remember similar feasibility discussions during the transition form QPSK to 8PSK. Now noone gives a second thought to 8PSK distribution! :cool2
Titanium - Brian Gohl

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:51 am

Brian you swing back and forth like crazy, one does not know if your sincere or not. Over here you try to chummy up to me and expect me to send you my 9865 to look at by saying good things about Rainer. Then at the other forums you frequent, you and the folk over there backstab Rainier its products and services every chance you get. You promote $27 receivers used for piracy telling people why buy anything else. This kind of action hurts the good guys like Rick that sell licensed FTA receivers and Rainier alike. Due to this past behavior I decline your offer for testing use of my 9865.

Rainier's 9865 receivers as I said before can stand on its own ability to receive encrypted television content. It don't need to hype up hobbyist FTA features that those wanting them look for. While you seem to want to make an argument for FTA hobbyists and features, from what I've seen here and at other forums is those folk ain't interested in paying for subscription content. Just look at all the hype over this stupid lowbit 97 mux and all the effort they put into receiving something that you know in your own mind Brian cannot remain ITC indefinitely. You seem to claim to know the industry, then you know in your heart this is not possible. It's prevalent to me that if they were interested in what Rainier has to offer today or will be offering in the future they would get behind them, but that's not the case. There really isn't much more to say.

Titanium
TVRO Salesman
TVRO Salesman

Post by Titanium » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:41 am

I am only trying to address the claim with several suggested simple solutions. I understand that you seemingly have some deep seated issues with me, so if you don't trust me to verify, would you agree to another individual to test? Once again, I will agree to pay the shipping and insurance and will send call tags for FedEx shipments.

:laughfloor: Don't be confused, I shoot pretty straight on these matters. Love it or hate it, I speak the truth to the best of my knowledge. Don't equate "chummy" with the ability to communicate with civil dialog. No need to deflect to escape from yet another conversation in a TVROSat thread with personal attacks. Anyone who follows my posts on other forums or knows how to Google understands that your comments are pure BS and a fantasy persecution complex. I believe that the last time I mentioned Rainier on any other forum was in this thread at the beginning of May 2016. http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads ... nd.360304/ Far from a back stab.

I do not and never have promoted cheap, unlicensed or priracy STBs. I currently recommend hobbyists to purchase Manhattan DJ-1997 and Linkbox 9000i and always recommend that they buy from North American vendors and frequently recommend the above named resellers. Everyone who knows me understands that I never condone the purchase of unlicensed technologies, theft of service or the bypassing of the NA resellers and frequently address these issues in the forums. Unfortunately, the rules for retail distribution are being shattered and there is little that we can do stop the direct sale from manufacturers to end users or the inclusion of theft of services firmware. I have often addressed the problem and have reported illegal Theft of Service and unlicensed products to Ebay and Amazon. A new listing typically replaces it within the day. Hopefully you are doing the same!

FTA services come and go, that is part of the fun and challenge of the satellite hobby. You are correct, the availability of these 44 - 16APSK channels is unknown, but they have now been in the clear for one year. If and when they leave, history tells us that many more services will quickly fill the void. It is very probable that many distribution services will be transitioning to 16APSK over the next 3-5 years. The ability to receive these hundreds of additional C-band FTA services is likely a major consideration for any c-band enthusiast when purchasing the subscription package. To assert that a service is standing stand on it's own with 6 subscription channels and promises of more is not anchored in reality. I hope that 2017 will bring mainstream channels into the line-up!

Don't shoot the messenger! :hammerhead
Titanium - Brian Gohl

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:51 pm

Allah be praised :supermand The arrogant self proclaimed know it all of FTA Brian the spin doctor has spoken again. Let's all pay homage to the king. :toofunny

You hold deep seated hatred for Rainier and its future that's prevalent. That's why I would never send my 9865 to you or your buddies to evaluate. Get your own. I'm not some haysee guinea pig. :noway

Titanium
TVRO Salesman
TVRO Salesman

Post by Titanium » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:16 pm

satdish wrote:Allah be praised :supermand The arrogant self proclaimed know it all of FTA Brian the spin doctor has spoken again. Let's all pay homage to the king. :toofunny
Yet another personal attack in an attempt to throw-up a smokescreen the facts with BS... Now going back and editing the original post. Serious? :beatingdeadhorse

I am intrigued by your claim that the 9865 can view these 16APSK channels and remain open to assist with verification with a neutral party. Good day sir!
Titanium - Brian Gohl

C-Band Lover
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by C-Band Lover » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:26 pm

I am very curious about this also. satdish perhaps if you don't believe that Titanium's intentions are true, who would you suggest as a neutral or third party?

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by jess76 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:43 pm

' 'Well Brian; You are never going to get a clear answer about the 16apsk on the Cisco receiver, which brings us back to the original topic. My 922 is on it's legs so I don't move my dish from G-16. We can watch the nets[except CBS] there on the VI ch's which have been around for quiet some time. I had them on my old Satcruiser in 98-99? CBS was there also. Those feeds have changed form the original DVB-S to what they are now. Whether the Ch's will stay or go is debateable. I remember coming across Rainier in early 2013. They may have started in 2012. If one is interested you could check "The way back machine". Jess out in California. ps If any one knows where I might find a motor for a Radio Shack 9' H to H that has the "worm" drive, I would be interested.
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

Return to “97°W”