Dish IPTV - 44 HD channels on 97W are FTA

Galaxy 19
jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Re: Dish IPTV - 44 HD channels on 97W are FTA

Post by jess76 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:00 pm

Brian; as for the power inserter; It is model p121r2-16 with an out put of 21v. Trying to find anything behind my TV is a real problem. One day I am going to have to re-do some of that mess! I have 3 video , 2 component , and 2 HDMI , PC , and the TV connection. I have 1 video and 1 component not used--yet. Jess out in California
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

Dishman Dan
TVRO Promoter
TVRO Promoter

Post by Dishman Dan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:09 pm

C-Band Lover wrote:I am very curious about this also. satdish perhaps if you don't believe that Titanium's intentions are true, who would you suggest as a neutral or third party?
I do not believe that there is anybody in this hobby and/or business that everyone would accept as neutral and/or third party... :sadpacer

As for Titanium I too have seen his pendulum swing back and forth almost as much as scotty has hit his delete button! :kookoo:

Yes I do give him some credit for trying but his business decisions should of never been or be influenced by "others". I am a tester too for Rainier and have seen some of the "other" influences at work when he briefly supported Rainier a couple years ago...

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:50 pm

jess76 wrote:' I remember coming across Rainier in early 2013. They may have started in 2012. If one is interested you could check "The way back machine". Jess out in California. ps If any one knows where I might find a motor for a Radio Shack 9' H to H that has the "worm" drive, I would be interested.
JESS; Search the wayback machine all you want for 2012. I know when Rainier started talking about things it was 2013.

Why not fix your motor? Any good electro-motor shop should be able to do something for you.
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:56 pm

Dishman Dan wrote:
As for Titanium I too have seen his pendulum swing back and forth almost as much as scotty has hit his delete button! :kookoo:

Yes I do give him some credit for trying but his business decisions should of never been or be influenced by "others". I am a tester too for Rainier and have seen some of the "other" influences at work when he briefly supported Rainier a couple years ago...
Mr Titanium has burned quite a few people over the years. Many that have been burned do not forget.
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

Titanium
TVRO Salesman
TVRO Salesman

Post by Titanium » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:47 pm

You probably are correct Jess. We will likely never get verification on satdish's claim. Just more of the same from Satdish, aka, Aaron, aka, Glenn or the myriad of other online aliases.

Back to topic...
jess76 wrote:Brian; as for the power inserter; It is model p121r2-16 with an out put of 21v.
Your DirecTV system is a single wire distribution type where both polarities are bandstacked and carried down a single coax. The inserter is not boosting the voltage, but rather is providing the fixed voltage required by the SWM LNBFs.
Titanium - Brian Gohl
He who dies with the most toys... is dead. - unknown
:beer

C-Band Lover
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by C-Band Lover » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:17 pm

Dishman Dan wrote:
C-Band Lover wrote:I am very curious about this also. satdish perhaps if you don't believe that Titanium's intentions are true, who would you suggest as a neutral or third party?
I do not believe that there is anybody in this hobby and/or business that everyone would accept as neutral and/or third party... :sadpacer
Dan have you tested 16APSK on your 9865?

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:33 pm

C-Band Lover wrote: satdish perhaps if you don't believe that Titanium's intentions are true, who would you suggest as a neutral or third party?
I don't trust Mr Titanium or any of his buds. Would you be willing to send a $750 receiver with an expensive $$$ upgrade to test to someone you didn't know?

Mr Titanium can easily verify this 16APSK fact himself if he comes up with enough $$$$$ to the right people. The problem is he has all his money invested in old business relationships he's secretly tied too.

rusty
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by rusty » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:06 pm

Is the tuner in the 9865 pluggable? If so, it can easily be replaced with a 16aspk one. If it is not, then I doubt the current tuner supports 16apsk as the chips needed to do this have only been around for a couple of years and the 9865 was introduced before that.
12' Cosmos Primestar (refurbished)36" SuperJack Actuator
Chaparral Corotor Feed (Norsat 8115, 4106A)
ZGemmaH7 UHD, OctagonSX88 HD, Edision UHD, DSR-6000, DSR-6050
Clarke Belt: 22W - 133W

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by jess76 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:37 pm

Well; The proof is in the pudding. No pudding no proof! Like everything else, I'll believe it when I see it! Jess out in California.
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

Snotty
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by Snotty » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:31 am

No 16aspk support? That figures.... :doh

Just one more problem to add to the old raindeer list
- Using Discontinued CISCO Box
- Only available in one room
- No DVR :verysad
- Requires Special LNB
- Over $800 cost for the box :rotflmao:
- High Monthly Cost
- Raindeer does not have an authorization center, when you subscribe they need to call each channel and have them add you to their account. It takes up to 30 days to get authorizations from some programmers. :roll:
- Poor channel lineup. Sure NFL Network is big but the rest of the channels have you heard of them. I also heard that there are issues with NFL not blacking out games that should be blacked out based on Zip Code. If other companies catch wind of this it would mark the end of the NFL on Raindeer. NFL service going 16apsk soon.
-Pivot dropped dead. :boo!
- If Raindeer drops dead too you are stuck with a dead receiver that you paid $800 for.

Disaster in the making...don't say you weren't warned. :wink
Watching thousands of C band channels with my :respect BIG DISH for FREE.

Opinions expressed here are solely my own and do not express the views of any particular company nor am I the publisher of Snotty's Rag.

Return to “97°W”