Rumble TV and a new Horror movie channel

Galaxy 19
Zap
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Re: Rumble TV and a new Horror movie channel

Post by Zap » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:28 pm

If they are increasing power, then that's a good sign ... they must be close to starting !

mjake
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by mjake » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:16 pm

I sent an email to their site last night, and received a reply that the service would start Oct. 31 2017.

Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Arion » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:09 pm

Been having trouble with this one the last few days for some reason....I thought it was gone. Tried bumping the dish a few steps either way and nothing. Checked the other transponders thinking it was a fine tune problem and all the levels were pretty much in the low to middle 80's for Q on my box which is normal and the 8-PSK transponders were pretty much normal as well in the mid to upper 70's for Q. Was kind of wondering if they had changed the FEC at all. But then it popped back in at the upper 70's which is normal for that one and then when I tried it later it was gone again and still gone when I left for work. This one is a head scratcher. :kookoo:
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

tek2000
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor

Post by tek2000 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:40 am

Arion wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:09 pm
Been having trouble with this one the last few days for some reason....I thought it was gone. Tried bumping the dish a few steps either way and nothing. Checked the other transponders thinking it was a fine tune problem and all the levels were pretty much in the low to middle 80's for Q on my box which is normal and the 8-PSK transponders were pretty much normal as well in the mid to upper 70's for Q. Was kind of wondering if they had changed the FEC at all. But then it popped back in at the upper 70's which is normal for that one and then when I tried it later it was gone again and still gone when I left for work. This one is a head scratcher. :kookoo:
You may be experiencing interference from the adjacent LDS Church transponder at 3922V. Power levels for the Rumble TV (3933V) transponder are normal. If either LDS or Rumble increases power, they will drown the other out. Try increasing your Rumble TV frequency by 1 or 2 MHz and see if that helps. Some tuners have better bandpass filters than others, so people will report different results. I wonder why one wasn't assigned H polarity and the other V. :thinking
Owner
http://www.tek2000.com
#1 Supplier of TVRO Satellite Equipment in North America
[email protected]
(I am not on this forum often and don't check forum PMs, so please email me for faster service)

HappySatellite
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by HappySatellite » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:47 pm

I checked it with the Zgemma H7 and there was no picture but shond. So i tried the stream and got picture and sound in VLC

Arion
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Arion » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:10 am

tek2000 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:40 am
You may be experiencing interference from the adjacent LDS Church transponder at 3922V. Power levels for the Rumble TV (3933V) transponder are normal. If either LDS or Rumble increases power, they will drown the other out. Try increasing your Rumble TV frequency by 1 or 2 MHz and see if that helps.
I had the dish parked all the way over to the west for a wind storm yesterday so didn't get a chance to try it. This morning I set the transponder to 3935 Mhz and it popped right in. Thanks much! That little tidbit will go in my toolbox for the future to try when coming across a difficult channel.
10' Tek C-band dish, 1.2 meter KU band dish, ASC1 mover, Octagon/Zgemma/Edison dual band STB's. Running OpenPli on all.

tek2000
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor

Post by tek2000 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:52 am

HappySatellite wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:47 pm
I checked it with the Zgemma H7 and there was no picture but shond.
Will wait until this programming service is online and then send the transport stream to ZGemma for testing if there are problems. Please feel free to report any other problem channels from 15 w to 135 w. The ZGemma developers will work with us to address any issues.
Owner
http://www.tek2000.com
#1 Supplier of TVRO Satellite Equipment in North America
[email protected]
(I am not on this forum often and don't check forum PMs, so please email me for faster service)

Zap
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Zap » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:05 pm

From another forum....

Some good and bad news for you, bad news is it's not starting today.. but the good news is we're adding a 3rd and maybe even a 4th channel to the mux. I can tell you right now that this new Sci-Fi & Fantasy channel is going to be some really good content too.
--
The response and feedback we received in regards to the American Horror Classics channel was so much more then we expected that we have decided to also launch a 3rd channel at the same time that will be Sci-Fi and fantasy based. Because of this we will be adding the Sci-Fi channel to our MUX and enlarging our space segment to accommodate the extra bandwidth required.
--

Obviously our signal will be changing once this all takes place so keep an eye on it.

Thanks,

Rumble TV

rusty
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by rusty » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:22 am

Thanks for the update. Good to have a sci-fi channel along with the other two. Hoping it's in HD. :biggrin
12' Cosmos Primestar (refurbished)36" SuperJack Actuator
Chaparral Corotor Feed (Norsat 8115, 4106A)
ZGemmaH7 UHD, OctagonSX88 HD, Edision UHD, DSR-6000, DSR-6050
Clarke Belt: 22W - 133W

Zap
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Zap » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:49 pm

Can anyone pick this one up anymore ?

Return to “97°W”