12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Re: UK Mux is ITC

Post by fatso » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:52 pm

If these stick around for a while, some of you may be interested in knowing how to receive them. They are circular (not linear) signals, so you have a couple of options:

1. Use a 12' dish with a linear feed. Try both H and V polarities. You will lose half the signal power, so it will be like trying to lock them with an 8.5' dish. You can try a 10' dish too, but it will only act like a 7' dish. Play around with the frequency: try 3920, 3919, 3918, 3917...try to get away from any other frequency that is closeby because it will drown out the one you are trying to get. This tends to work well when there isn't another signal active on the opposite polarity.

2. Use a dielectric plate. You just stick this in the throat of the LNB (at a 45 deg angle to the probe) and the circular signal will be converted to linear. You will get excellent gain with very little insertion loss. Only disadvantage is you lose 3dB gain on the linear signals. What I do is add a 2nd LNB (with plate) riding shotgun to my prime-focus linear LNB. That way, I get both linear and circular sats.

3. Stick your credit card or any other plastic into the LNB throat and turn it 45 degrees. The circular signals will pop right in! Most plastic acts like a dielectric.
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

kishray

Post by kishray » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:52 pm

fatso wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:52 pm
If these stick around for a while, some of you may be interested in knowing how to receive them. They are circular (not linear) signals, so you have a couple of options:

1. Use a 12' dish with a linear feed. Try both H and V polarities. You will lose half the signal power, so it will be like trying to lock them with an 8.5' dish. You can try a 10' dish too, but it will only act like a 7' dish. Play around with the frequency: try 3920, 3919, 3918, 3917...try to get away from any other frequency that is closeby because it will drown out the one you are trying to get. This tends to work well when there isn't another signal active on the opposite polarity.

2. Use a dielectric plate. You just stick this in the throat of the LNB (at a 45 deg angle to the probe) and the circular signal will be converted to linear. You will get excellent gain with very little insertion loss. Only disadvantage is you lose 3dB gain on the linear signals. What I do is add a 2nd LNB (with plate) riding shotgun to my prime-focus linear LNB. That way, I get both linear and circular sats.

3. Stick your credit card or any other plastic into the LNB throat and turn it 45 degrees. The circular signals will pop right in! Most plastic acts like a dielectric.
Hello fatso,
First of all i want to commend you on your excellent finding in your post above. I can confirm that your posting is accurate and correct. Thanks you a million for this information. We really appreciate it.

Secondly, I have a 12ft solid satellite dish that I am presently using on SES 6 at 40.5 W with a dual polarization feed horn (Horizontal and Vertical polarization) and according to your post above in line 3, if I insert a piece of plastic into the throat and turn it 45 degrees I would be able to bring the circular polarization instead of the linear polarization on circular polarization satellites?

Thanks in advance for your response. Take care and all the best.

dishcrank
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by dishcrank » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:33 pm

These have been itc for a while now. It is actually a British forces mux, much like AFN for the American forces. You definitely need a plate to get these. Most LNBFs come with the plate, but if you don't have one, use a piece of fiber glass or plastic. Cut it out to the dimensions of a credit card and make it 1/4" thick. Insert into the LNBF throat 45 degrees relative to the probes. It will convert the circular microwaves into linear ones.

dishcrank
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by dishcrank » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:37 pm

Well worth the effort...Sky Cinema can also be found on this mux. Just finished watching Gal Gadot in Wonder Woman. :lolsign:

user78405
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by user78405 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:50 pm

finally got only few trasponders with SKY free important ones as offset from 55w i am currently on...7ft is not the best to get all from 40w transponder but i did my reasearch as longest the transponder is its not 5/6 FEC and not linear when its circular is the better when its focus is wider for rotating LNB...no matter how far it turns from 12 to 3 LNB skew...its lot easier than linear when its not wide to rotate the lnb cause its radio frequency go too sporadic when turning from milimeter to a whole cm goes out of line from sight even a wind will knock LNB off course...this why i used big screws and tight that not sure huricane winds will might mess it up still...but my point i am impress with 7ft...even on the ground that i mention earlier that i having harder time to lock in high on 43w but easier on 40w is very strange...when i did move to 40w from 55w ...i sure did lost 224 channels from what i getting in the past..Cinecanal was my favorite before it change back to normal encrytions now Universal still open from agrentina feed...but when i learn Sky movies was open as well, got it check it out for myself, so i did what could for keep 55w full and 40w partial only with 24 channels with sky program included , now i am happy camper with sky movies showing
8' solid =4 lnbs, 7' solid= 2 lnb, 5' solid= 2 lnb ;; 2 C1pll , 1 gcn dual input, 2 ESX242 , 3 BSC421
crazy liberal pirate

wildcatz91011

Post by wildcatz91011 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:26 am

hey how are you what state do you live in .i live north carolina and it to weak on my 10 foot dish

user78405
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by user78405 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:35 pm

who me, i lived in south TX...its where footprint is where it begins from North TX to south america...its the most difficuit sat to capture the further northern states..and impossible for canadians if i am mistaken if some can try with bigger than 10 ft...with 8 ft is better in south of border but 10ft would be perfect but it needs to be away from tall buildings and trees..its works lot better on a flat roof...above the ground level to get 40w and lower sats you should least get only sky itc transponder easy since its not high FEC for a moment...unless they want to upgrade to 720p when its not at current but its good enough for 576i for viewing on big tv's..little better than 480p
8' solid =4 lnbs, 7' solid= 2 lnb, 5' solid= 2 lnb ;; 2 C1pll , 1 gcn dual input, 2 ESX242 , 3 BSC421
crazy liberal pirate

dishcrank
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by dishcrank » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:53 pm

Programming schedule for the British mux:

https://www.forces.net/tv

This mux actually has 7-day epg information. Make sure your time is set correctly.

IntelPenny4
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by IntelPenny4 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:35 pm

i know its been awhile sense someone posted in here... can someone check and see if these channels are still ITC?????? thanks

Return to “40.5°W”