Suggestions for Site Upgrades

Report problems about our forum or satellite charts. Suggest new ideas or constructive feedback about how we can improve.
nanirdjeff
TVRO Member
TVRO Member
Articles: 0

Re: Suggestions for Site Upgrades

Post by nanirdjeff » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:31 pm

I would like to see the SATURATED BLACK AREA of the satellite listings be DELETED. I, (and I would think others on this site), print out the listings for their particular satellites that they watch. Ink cartridges are not CHEAP! For example, the LAST PAGE of my current print out of 101W, only contained 11820 H - the rest of the page was completely BLACK. If a color must be used, then have it as a type of "greyed out" color.

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:44 pm

nanirdjeff wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:31 pm
I would like to see the SATURATED BLACK AREA of the satellite listings be DELETED. I, (and I would think others on this site), print out the listings for their particular satellites that they watch. Ink cartridges are not CHEAP! For example, the LAST PAGE of my current print out of 101W, only contained 11820 H - the rest of the page was completely BLACK. If a color must be used, then have it as a type of "greyed out" color.
Excellent suggestion. I will ask the developer to give you a Print Button with the satellite information contained in a neat table and a white background. We didn`t realize that people were actually printing the satellite charts. :hammerme:
Administrator
([email protected])

diyjeb
TVRO Member
TVRO Member
Articles: 0

Post by diyjeb » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:03 pm

tvroadmin wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:32 am
diyjeb wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:59 pm
It would be great to be able to filter the TV guide by C band only, ku band only or both similar to FTA Listings. http://ftalistings.com/index.php

Thanks,
diyjeb
I believe you can already do this. Go here

https://www.tvrosat.com/cgi-bin/portal_charts.cgi

At the top where it says Band, select C. Is this what you wanted or something else?
The charts link is great for seeing what is on each transponder but what I'm hoping for is the ability to filter the TV Guide. The Zap2it web site doesn't allow you to filter by band. It would be nice to drill down a little more for ku band only FTA systems. I know you can't do anything with their site but maybe its possible for something like it, more customizable, for this site.

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:16 pm

diyjeb wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:03 pm
The charts link is great for seeing what is on each transponder but what I'm hoping for is the ability to filter the TV Guide. The Zap2it web site doesn't allow you to filter by band. It would be nice to drill down a little more for ku band only FTA systems. I know you can't do anything with their site but maybe its possible for something like it, more customizable, for this site.

Unfortunately, the Zap2it and other epg sites are protected by copyright laws which means we can't just lift their data. We have no control over these sites and can't modify them. We can only link to them and members can create customized accounts with the channels they prefer.
Administrator
([email protected])

Return to “Feedback”