Dish Repaint ???

Discussions specifically related to master c band satellite television.
txhills
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Re: Dish Repaint ???

Post by txhills » Sat May 08, 2021 10:45 am

Thanks for the info Captain Ron. Yes, all metallic paints are to be avoided as they will scatter the signal.

gtalover1 - What paint did you use when you brushed it on your dish? Have you noticed any signal degradation? I would guess not since the thickness should only be a few mil.

gtalover1
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by gtalover1 » Sat May 08, 2021 11:47 am

txhills wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:45 am
Thanks for the info Captain Ron. Yes, all metallic paints are to be avoided as they will scatter the signal.

gtalover1 - What paint did you use when you brushed it on your dish? Have you noticed any signal degradation? I would guess not since the thickness should only be a few mil.

txhills.

I used a quart of Glidden flat white exterior paint from The Home Depot. I experienced no signal degradation whatsoever.

Hope this helps.

Captain Ron
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Captain Ron » Sat May 08, 2021 8:41 pm

If you are thinking about doing dish art then google - satellite dish artwork - and you will find quite a number of examples of very nice paint jobs that people have given their solid dishes. Personally I think a Darth Vader or Death Star or Millennium Falcon dish would be very cool ! LOL

txhills
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by txhills » Sun May 09, 2021 8:22 am

Thank you gtalover1. So basically it appears that any non-metallic(metal flake) paint preference can be used. And any thin coating application method of spray, brush or roll should work well. It just depends on ones personal preferences and aesthetics.

I have zero artistic talent so I'll just keep it simple.

Return to “C Band Satellite”