Intelsat 11 (43.1w) is being retired

Discussions specifically related to master c band satellite television.
fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Intelsat 11 (43.1w) is being retired

Post by fatso » Wed May 25, 2022 5:31 pm

Programmers are scrambling to move away from 43.1w at this time as Intelsat 11 has reached it's EOL. Expect program services to migrate to 40.5w, 47.5w, 55.5w and 58w. If you lost programming on 43.1w, you will need to scan the birds mentioned. :wink:

It may be good news for those of you who were too far west to drive your buds down to 43.1w. If you can see 55.5w and 58w, expect some of the programming to show up here. :bigsmile
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

DRIVN78415
TVRO Member
TVRO Member
Articles: 0

Re: Intelsat 11 (43.1w) is being retired

Post by DRIVN78415 » Thu May 26, 2022 11:56 pm

just as i said while back on this forum under different old login name, i knew they gonna do it but afterall...55w always been made for this reason...backup sat...since its much easier for me to get LOVENATURE channel vs 43w i would have to sacrifice 131w power and 101w power levels to get max out lovenature on my 10 foot dish with 10.75 power levels and worst part, i seen it drop out when it had 4k channel previous in that transponder cause issue for the low hanging fruit that its not good for mexico or north america , also they had issue with 101w 4k channels as well but i never had problem locking it but it seems that removing it , it made that possible for 8foot to lock on 101w again....seems Brazilian had no issue to get it when its pointing up ward direction dish vs us ...we pointing downward position for cband dishes are touching the fence line eye level...that is really bad for people lived close to their neighbors in tight spaces when i am 5 feet away of neighbor house roof in that direction than 131w is 30-50 feet away other side of my right neighbor fence ...tricky for me, hopefully we gonna see more programs migrating to that sat and new programs like universal+ channels that replace star+ premium channels since disney is not very friendly to latino nations for cutting them off their line up...well least i get movies elsewhere that not free to tell anyone which sat and where ...you all have to find it on themselves :biggrin

Return to “C Band Satellite”