Got 5G interference on your c-band dish? Do not panic...

Discussions specifically related to master c band satellite television.
tek2000
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor
Articles: 0

Got 5G interference on your c-band dish? Do not panic...

Post by tek2000 » Tue May 31, 2022 1:09 am

All,

Are any of you experiencing 5G interference on your c-band dish? If so, you can discuss here.

No, the big dish is NOT dead because of 5G. Unlike other forums, that have 5,000 useless posts predicting the demise of the big dish thanks to 5G interference, we at Tek2000 have a variety of new feed systems and components available that will solve even the worst 5G interference problem you may encounter. You can learn more about how I solved my own 5G interference problem here.

Thanks to a peculiar property of waveguides known as the cut-off frequency, and to this fellow, the BIG dish lives on! :bigsmile

southworth.png
Owner
http://www.tek2000.com
#1 Supplier of TVRO Satellite Equipment in North America
[email protected]
(I am not on this forum often and don't check forum PMs, so please email me for faster service)

Tags:

tek2000
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor

Re: Got 5G interference on your c-band dish? Do not panic...

Post by tek2000 » Tue May 31, 2022 3:08 am

All,

Some of our 5G interference mitigation products:

wimax38_dual_1.jpg
wimax38_dual_1.jpg (17.29 KiB) Viewed 4334 times
ortho_feed_double_5g_1.jpg
ortho_feed_double_5g_1.jpg (20.5 KiB) Viewed 4334 times
ortho_feed_double_5g_8.jpg
ortho_feed_double_5g_8.jpg (17.12 KiB) Viewed 4334 times
Owner
[email protected]
(I am not on this forum often and don't check forum PMs, so please email me for faster service)

Captain Ron
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Captain Ron » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:34 pm

Good stuff Tek2000 - Good LNB's that help fight 5G are good to have!

If you have a 5G tower near you to your South (you can see it) then you definitely need LNB help but I would also remind people that if you have cell phone towers even some miles to your South along the satellite arc that 5G problems can happen when your dish is aimed low to the ground in the general direction of those towers.

If you have towers south of you (even if you cannot see them but you know they are there) then try to keep your dish aimed on Satellites up high in the sky as much as possible is another way to help keep from getting hit by 5G issues.

fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by fatso » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:51 pm

A special thanks to tek2000 for sending me their 5g waveguide filters to test. They arrived this morning and were sitting on the porch. Good thing the raccoons sleep late around here or they would have surely gone missing. :lol: Although I don't have any 5g problems yet, tek2000 wanted me to test and report back. Theoretically, I should see no signal level losses across the clark belt, but should lose transponders below 3800 mhz?? Also the dielectric should still work for circular birds?? I think. :scratchingmyhead:

Taking it out of the box the waveguide looks well constructed. :thumbsup :thumbsup It has a little green screen on one end and open on the other. I was just wondering if tek can tell me which way it bolts on the feed horn???
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

tek2000
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor

Post by tek2000 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:29 pm

fatso wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:51 pm
It has a little green screen on one end and open on the other. I was just wondering if tek can tell me which way it bolts on the feed horn???
That's a polarizer filter and bolts to the feed horn. The 'open' end of the waveguide bolts to the LNB. The purpose of the polarizer filter is to reduce cross-polarization interference, something that is difficult to do with circular LNBFs. An orthomode feed and polarizer filter come in handy on satellites like 55.5 west where they are increasingly using both V and H polarities on the same frequency. :wink:
Owner
[email protected]

Return to “C Band Satellite”