Beware of 5G interference misinformation propaganda

Discussions specifically related to master c band satellite television.
tek2000
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor
Articles: 0

Beware of 5G interference misinformation propaganda

Post by tek2000 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:37 pm

All,

Can you believe these guys?

5G_misinformation.png

They claim a solid dish will mitigate 5G interference with its "5G Interference Rejection Reflectors" :kook but a mesh dish will succumb to the same interference? Bizarre stuff to say the least, designed to take advantage of the 5G interference currently wreaking havoc on some members of the c band satellite community.

The fact of the matter is, 5G interference signals are transmitted in the same band as the satellite signals (i.e. c band). Both solid and mesh antennas will receive them. The reflectors of an antenna (both solid and mesh) cannot filter the 5G signals while passing the satellite signals. The only way to mitigate 5G interference is with a filter. It can be an LNB filter or waveguide filter or a combination of both. The filter works in both solid and mesh antennas. It doesn't care about the reflector material.

The reason some of you are having problems with 5G is because you are relying on the cheaper LNBF filters (3.8 - 4.2 GHz) sold by some dealers. You really need to consider upgrading to an orthomode feed assembly like those used by virtually all the tv stations and cable companies.

Dual Orthomode Feed Assembly

5g_light__dual_1.JPG

It will only cost you $249 USD and you will start to get improved reception results like the pros get, even though they spend thousands of dollars on similar feeds that don't perform any better. If you can't afford $249 USD, this hobby really isn't for you. You can buy the $100 USD LNBF instead and complain about poor results at other forums. Believe me, we have tested most of the 5G solutions in the marketplace, and the orthogonal feeds are the only ones giving satisfactory results. By the way, back in the 1980's when c band became popular, almost everyone used orthogonal feeds!

Anyway, the advantage of upgrading to the orthogonal feed is that you can add waveguide filters to further mitigate 5G interference.

5G waveguide filter

5g_waveguide_1.JPG

So, to sum things up, if want to be cheap about things and not use the proper hardware, you will start losing satellite transponders and get frustrated when the wireless carrier in your community turns on 5G. If you want to believe in conspiracy theories about solid vs. mesh dishes and 5G mitigation, all the best. However, here at TVROSat, you will only get the facts no matter how hard others work to spread outright lies and misinformation of the worse kind.
Last edited by tek2000 on Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owner
http://www.tek2000.com
#1 Supplier of TVRO Satellite Equipment in North America
[email protected]
(I am not on this forum often and don't check forum PMs, so please email me for faster service)

tek2000
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor

Re: Beware of 5G interference misinformation propaganda

Post by tek2000 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:41 pm

If you do decide to upgrade to an orthogonal feed, be sure to purchase the 13V - 18V switch so your receiver can seamlessly switch between the polarities:

Voltage Polarity Switch
Owner
http://www.tek2000.com
#1 Supplier of TVRO Satellite Equipment in North America
[email protected]
(I am not on this forum often and don't check forum PMs, so please email me for faster service)

rusty
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: Beware of 5G interference misinformation propaganda

Post by rusty » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:25 pm

tek2000 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:37 pm
Can you believe these guys?
:noway

I thought it was dhsatellite saying that. Then I figured out it was :glenn:
12' Cosmos Primestar (refurbished)36" SuperJack Actuator
Chaparral Corotor Feed (Norsat 8115, 4106A)
ZGemmaH7 UHD, OctagonSX88 HD, Edision UHD, DSR-6000, DSR-6050
Clarke Belt: 22W - 133W

Return to “C Band Satellite”