Anyone getting FSTV on 123W ku?

Discussions specifically related to master ku band satellite television.
slider
Articles: 0

Anyone getting FSTV on 123W ku?

Post by slider » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:00 pm

I'm using a 10' Parabolic Eclipse with a C/KU lnbf & I can't seem to pull in fstv. I'm thinking of getting another dish for just ku and finding the best ku lnbf for these hard to get TPs. Any suggestions? I've never been able to get MSNBC on 72W either. I know ku is supposed to be harder to nail. I do get a lot of them but then I can't get a bunch of others.

mountainman
TVRO Moderator
TVRO Moderator

Re: Anyone getting FSTV on 123W ku?

Post by mountainman » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:21 am

The NBC mux on 72w is the easiest to lock (at least for me). If you can't lock it, there is something wrong with your alignment. Adjust the skew or try another LNB.

As for fstv, I think you mean 125w. It comes in fine for me. Some channels on 125w are a little hard to lock, but they usually come in for me.
Global Moderator
Feed Hunter
-10ft Mesh Polar Mount Dish
-Master Receiver:SkyboxF5
-Slave Receivers: Azbox Premium HD+(4:2:2), Azlink S1(Turbo 8PSK)

slider

Post by slider » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:32 am

Thanks mountainman. I'd forgotten that I read a while back FSTV had moved from 123W. I've decided though to go ahead & set up a 4' dedicated KU dish w/a geosat pro lnbf. I don't know about 72W though as there's a line of tall pines probably in the way.

slider

Post by slider » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:31 pm

I talked to the operations director at FSTV today and he says they're on G18 (that's 123W). " G18 Transponder 7K , Frequency 11847.863Mhz , 8PSK - 3/4 FEC , 117844 Msym " . I won't be home to try it out for a few weeks so hope this is useful. Unfortunately, they will probably be there for about a year & then moving it to fiber. They're also working on a deal w/channel 12 Denver PBS.

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:48 pm

FSTV is a little tricky to receive.

You will need a dedicated 1.2m ku-offset dish to receive it reliably.

Big dish users may or may not lock the signal depending on setup. If possible, tell the engineering staff at FSTV to increase the output power or lower the FEC rate if they want more of us to view the signal!
Administrator
([email protected])

slider

Post by slider » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:48 am

I hadn't been able to get it with my 8' Parabolic Eclipse with a C/KU lnbf but then I may not have tried the freq. they just gave me (can't remember). That's why I thought I'd try a 1.2m with a real good KU lnbf to see if that's a improvement. I don't think they'll up the signal as they seem to be going in the other direction and will be off satellite in a year. Too bad for us who live in remote areas with no cable or internet. :verysad

Return to “Ku Band Satellite”