Need help programming my two fta receivers

Discussions specifically related to master ku band satellite television.
Jamaikon
TVRO Member
TVRO Member
Articles: 0

Need help programming my two fta receivers

Post by Jamaikon » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:24 am

I am new to the fta world. I would appreciate some guidance in my entire setup starting off with getting my two fta receivers active. :thanks

zack
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Re: Need help programming my two fta receivers

Post by zack » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:39 pm

:welcomesign: to TVRO!

Can you tell us what equipment you have? Do you already have a dish properly set up, or will you need help with that also?

Jamaikon
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by Jamaikon » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:23 am

I have I-link IS-9000 plus and Jynxbox Ultra HD v4 pro. I also have a hd universal single LNBF 0.3db. Yes I also need assistance with my ku band dish setup as well.

zack
TVRO Member
TVRO Member

Post by zack » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:47 pm

At present I am only doing C-BAND, sorry I cannot help you on the ku dish set up, but just wait a while and somebody else here should reply to you!

fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by fatso » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:17 am

First off, ku band only reception has limited programming. There is the PBS mux on 125w, Velocity on 121w, NBC networks/feeds, Cozi, RT, NHK on 103w and Infowars and CBS/Fox wildfeeds on 99w. Also CNN feeds and Louisiana PBS on 87w. It is all in HD but only about 20 quality channels in total. The rest is ethnic programming on 97w, Chinese programming on 95w and middle east programming on 30w. From time to time, there are some NFL/NHL/NBA wildfeeds on ku, but very limited. To receive all this, you will likely need a 1.2m (48-inch) dish. Anything smaller and you will find you won't be able to lock some transponders. You will also need to motorize the dish to get all the available programming.

A better option would be to go with a big dish (8', 10' or 12') which will give you access to hundreds of channels. You can also install both c and ku band feeds on a larger dish to get both bands and increase the programming available to you. This is by far the preferred method for most people who have enough space in their backyard for a big dish. It also costs a bit more, but definitely worth it in the long run. :bigsmile

As for your FTA receivers, they all have menu options where you enter your feed information. If using a ku band lnbf, you would enter 'universal' or local freq = 9750/10600. For c band, local freq = 5150. The only other thing I would add about receivers is that you need one that can decode both DVB-S and DVB-S2. If you got an older DVB-S only receiver, you will probably want to upgrade to a DVB-S2.
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

Return to “Ku Band Satellite”