ku setup

Discussions specifically related to master ku band satellite television.
beeman8
TVRO Member
TVRO Member
Articles: 0

ku setup

Post by beeman8 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:12 pm

whats the trick to get ku on a 10 foot dish I have a c/ku lnb trying to set up ku a get c band no problem but when I go to scan ku nothing scans in and no satellite signal for ku like I say cband as signal thought if cband has signal ku should also any help would be nice

skink
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: ku setup

Post by skink » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:15 pm

C band is alot more forgiving as far as tracking of the arc than Ku band.You might need to tweak your dish and or the feed assembly.

tek2000
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor
TVRO Salesman / Sponsor

Re: ku setup

Post by tek2000 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:08 am

beeman8 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:12 pm
whats the trick to get ku on a 10 foot dish I have a c/ku lnb trying to set up ku a get c band no problem but when I go to scan ku nothing scans in and no satellite signal for ku like I say cband as signal thought if cband has signal ku should also any help would be nice
If you are using a Linux box, make sure your tuner configuration is correct. With most c/ku LNBFs, the L.O. frequency = 9.75 / 10.6 GHz (Universal LNB). Set the Tone mode to "Band", so you scan both the upper and lower ku bands.

You may want to review: Tutorial 2: Configuring the Satellite DVB-S2 Tuner(s)

Also try scanning 95°W, 103°W and 125°W where there are strong ku signals available.
Owner
http://www.tek2000.com
#1 Supplier of TVRO Satellite Equipment in North America
[email protected]
(I am not on this forum often and don't check forum PMs, so please email me for faster service)

Return to “Ku Band Satellite”