Small dish/Cable dance

Discuss all aspects of the DirecTV (USA) satellite system.
jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Small dish/Cable dance

Post by jess76 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:04 pm

This looked like the place for this post. When our 4dtv sub ended[2010], we went with AT@T Uverse. Well...Uverse was not available where we live[still isn't]. AT@T gave us Direct tv[the bill was paid to AT@T]along with our phone. The first year wasn't bad, but we got hit on the second year. When our sub was up, we switched to Cable[Charter where we are at], and that was good for a while until the prices kept going up and up. Since there was no contract, we went back to Direct[wife needs her TNT]. We had internet through Charter and it worked very well, but we upgraded the internet through AT@T,also have our phone through "majic Jack" with no problems. Our next move will probably be to "Dish", but I am not sure how good their Internet is. Does any one have their Internet service? If so, could you coment? Just looking for ways to cut costs. Jess out in California
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

jess76
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: Small dish/Cable dance

Post by jess76 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:52 am

Well now that AT&T has control of Direct. I'm wondering when I can convert to AT&T's TV service. I understand that they will have to put in a "hub" to be able to service my aera. I believe the Direct purchase was for the subscribers and that the long rang goal is to shut down that service. Why would AT&T want to pay the satellite upkeep, and the up-link/ downlink costs, when the content orginally comes from C band anyway. Iptv is also a new player in the game. Just my Take on tne matter. Jess out in California
9' mesh with c/ku feed horn,lnb's w/polorotor. Recievers hooked up: AZ prem hd., Pansat9500,and Manhattan. I have a few others in my colection including an old Satcruiser and a Captiveworks3000.

Snowman
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: Small dish/Cable dance

Post by Snowman » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:23 am

I have dish and wanted to get dishnet. many others in town have dishnet when i called about it they told me they didnt have enough band width in my area.

Return to “DirecTV”