Bell Satellite TV Card Swap Begins (2018)

Discuss all aspects of the Bell TV (Canada) satellite system.
Zap
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru
Articles: 0

Re: Bell Satellite TV Card Swap Begins (2018)

Post by Zap » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:59 pm

So what about dish network? I haven't heard anything about them doing a swap yet. I even googled and nothing found.

fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by fatso » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:08 am

Zap wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:59 pm
So what about dish network? I haven't heard anything about them doing a swap yet. I even googled and nothing found.
There was a thread about it at satellite guys

https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thread ... on.349023/

Maybe dish is retiring old mpeg 2 receivers like dtv and never swapped those, but if you buy a new receiver today, it likely comes with the newest card.
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

maxsat

Post by maxsat » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:34 am

It appears Bell has almost finished their G3 -> G4 nagra smart card migration. Almost all iptv piracy of Canadian channels has been eliminated. As far as I know they are now finishing up with French programming and will stop authorizing those G3 cards soon. Dish is ending support of all mpeg2 receivers (mostly using G3) at the end of this month. That is why they never replaced those smart cards in case you were wondering. Many of those receivers were being used by iptv pirates to feed SD channels. Expect most commercial iptv services to stop working around Feb 01 or soon thereafter. After that, there will only be a few mpeg4 receivers with G3 smart cards left in service. Extracting the boxkeys from those is extremely difficult or impossible and you can expect most commercial pirate iptv services to throw in the towel. The migration will continue until all G3 smart cards are replaced. Once that happens, the receiver and card will be securely paired and a full blown hack will be needed for any kind of future dish piracy.

Zap
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by Zap » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:58 pm

I've got 7 Bell receivers and have yet to hear anything from Bell about getting my new cards... their swap is far from over yet.

The new cards might prevent IKS but they won't stop a subbed receiver from being used as a source for a channel. All they do is take the video from that subbed receiver and use a stream encoder and send it out to a CDN and into an IPTV pirate network.

rusty
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by rusty » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:29 pm

Zap wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:58 pm
The new cards might prevent IKS but they won't stop a subbed receiver from being used as a source for a channel. All they do is take the video from that subbed receiver and use a stream encoder and send it out to a CDN and into an IPTV pirate network.
Hmmm, :thinking iptv leaks are probably fairly easy to detect. The provider can simply bring up the diagnostic screen of the receiver which will display the unit authorization number. They can do this at a specified time, like overnight when most are sleeping or even embed the unit authorization number in the decoded mpeg stream. Once they remotely identify the rogue receiver, they can disable it like a past due account receiver. They don't even need to waste money on watermarking.

With key sharing I think people remove the card from the receiver (unpair it) and use it in an iks server somehow like oscam, so the provider can't bring up any diagnostic screens to identify the rogue account. All this iptv crap :horse people are peddling is probably based on key sharing. So when they eliminate key sharing and force card-receiver pairing, iptv won't work either. That's how I understand it.
12' Cosmos Primestar (refurbished)36" SuperJack Actuator
Chaparral Corotor Feed (Norsat 8115, 4106A)
ZGemmaH7 UHD, OctagonSX88 HD, Edision UHD, DSR-6000, DSR-6050
Clarke Belt: 22W - 133W

tvroadmin
TVRO Administrator
TVRO Administrator
Articles: 1

Post by tvroadmin » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:00 am

Please keep this thread on topic. Posts about dealers like drsat selling TOS (theft-of-service) iptv devices should be reported in the 'Scams & Swindles' section of our forum.
Administrator
([email protected])

Return to “Bell TV”