Tim Saves 4DTV

Discuss all aspects of the HITS2Home c band 4DTV satellite service for home and business reception. They deliver 2nd generation Master Broadcasts from 105W.
gimpy
TVRO Member
TVRO Member
Articles: 0

Tim Saves 4DTV

Post by gimpy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:19 pm

Tim from programming center has advised 4dtv subscribers that they will be okay until August 26th. :bananna:
4dtv-extension.jpg
Hopefully, Jeff and company will have a solution for us by then. Keeping fingers crossed. :coolsign

fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Re: Tim Saves 4DTV

Post by fatso » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:01 pm

It is only a temporary extension. :verysad
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:46 pm

fatso wrote:It is only a temporary extension. :verysad
Yep and Tim had nothing to do with it. Some of the small cable companies aint finished with the DVB S2 migration. Notice its ending on Friday the 26th not August 31st.
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

fatso
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by fatso » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:49 pm

It is probably the end for consumer HITS but has anyone looked into the possibility of offering full arc subscription masters of dc2 channels (like rainier does with powervu)? Is Arris the sticking point here too?
12ft Mesh Dish
C-Band Enthusiast since 1983

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:48 pm

fatso wrote:It is probably the end for consumer HITS but has anyone looked into the possibility of offering full arc subscription masters of dc2 channels (like rainier does with powervu)? Is Arris the sticking point here too?
The system that was in place for the full arc by GI was pulled back in Jan 2011. It will not be revived. Arris is Motorola inside with a different face, so nothing will change. The only reason that Headend in the Sky (TCI 1996) allowed the 4D is because that was put in place a long time ago when GI ran the old 4DTV full arc 4096 EMM stream (defunct Jan 5, 2011). GI was actually C band consumer friendly, Motorola never was. Use of the Hits 2 Home cable 4160 EMM stream was a deal cut with Del Jose from Skyvision in 2006 using the DSR 410 that Hits was using for a digital extension for cable subscribers from small cable companies on small Primestar style ku dishes using DSR 470's. Basic analog cable came over the cable lines, digital channels came via a ku dish at the subscribers home. HITS on DSR 410's and 4D's (after conversion to 4160) only stuck around due to old grandfathered contracts that are now extinct. Motorola wanted to pull the plug way back when they shut the VC 2+ down, but was obligated to fulfill the old contracts. No new ones will be drawn up since Arris (don't want to have anything to do with C band consumers. Cisco Rainier and PowerVu that's a different story completely. Maybe Rainier will write a book some day and explain all that had to be done to get where they are at, wasn't easy. :smile:

And now you heard the rest of the story. :zzz :wink:
I am too cheap to pay for a banner slot to hawk my products so I spam this board instead. I am intolerant of the c band community, so I belittle them under different aliases. I post fake news on the guitar man's website. Now I am no longer welcome here.

rusty
TVRO Guru
TVRO Guru

Post by rusty » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:05 pm

No more news from the 4dtv front? :verysad
12' Cosmos Primestar (refurbished)36" SuperJack Actuator
Chaparral Corotor Feed (Norsat 8115, 4106A)
ZGemmaH7 UHD, OctagonSX88 HD, Edision UHD, DSR-6000, DSR-6050
Clarke Belt: 22W - 133W

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:35 am

rusty wrote:No more news from the 4dtv front? :verysad

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:08 pm

Seems shutdown has started early. 30 channels are black or color bars has been reported. Guess Tim and Jeff didn't save the 4DTV from the grips of Comcast after all. BTW all channels are fine on my Rainier subscription. :spin

a1gonquin
Banned
Banned

Post by a1gonquin » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:28 pm

Bloody Comcast Daleks!

You don't appreciate what you've got until its gone.

Where's the
MadHatter.jpg
MadHatter.jpg (8.94 KiB) Viewed 22436 times
solution?

My Rainier sub is still going strong too. :hehehe:
10ft TeeCom, 7.5 ft Perfect Ten, Andrews 1m Ku, Technomate 5402-M3, Ferguson Ariva 4K, Cisco 9865, Moto DSR922, 50" Vizio UHDTV, C-band sub :chaplin

satdish
TVRO Retired
TVRO Retired

Post by satdish » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:18 pm

Being pulled early on the 24th now. :roll: http://www.programming-center.net/
Glad I have Rainier. :grin:

Return to “HITS2Home”